Sajid Khan Lyrics
Sajid Kamran Khan (born 23 November 1971) is an Indian filmmaker, scriptwriter, talk show host, presenter and actor.
Sajid Khan was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, the son of former actor Kamran Khan and his wife Menaka Khan (née Irani). He has one sister, Farah Khan, who is a choreographer, director, producer and actor. Farah is married to Shirish Kunder, also a producer, editor and director of films. Khan has other connections to the film industry: former actresses Honey Irani and Daisy Irani are his mother’s sisters and filmmakers Farhan Akhtar and Zoya Akhtar are his maternal cousins.
Khan completed his primary education from Maneckji Cooper School in Mumbai and then attended Mithibai College to complete his graduation. At age 16, while yet a college student, he started DJ-ing at various parties and social events.
Khan started his career as a host of the TV show Main Bhi Detective in 1995.
In Kehne Mein Kya Harz Hai he played triple roles, the show made 200 episodes which were aired from 1997-2001.
He also did a stand-up comedy show Sajid No. 1 in the late 1990s. His next show was Super SaIe in 2005.[unreliable source?] In 2008, he hosted a talk our show Sajid’s Superstars and also judged India’s Got Talent season 2.
Khan started his directorial career with the movie Darna Zaroori Hai (2006), which had six short stories, in which he directed one story – the story about a man going to watch movie passing through graveyard (starring Manoj Pahwa and Sarita Joshi) called The Graveyard. He then directed Heyy Babyy (2007), his first full-length effort. This was followed by Housefull (2010) and Housefull 2 (2012), all three of which were successful. This was followed by Himmatwala (2013), a critical and commercial failure. His next directorial venture was Humshakals (2014), which is generally ranked amongst the worst Indian films of all time by critics.
Allegations of sexual harassment
In October 2018, Sajid had been accused of sexual harassment by several female colleagues such as Mandana Karimi, Saloni Chopra, Rachel White, Simran Suri and journalist Karishma Upadhyay through the “Me Too” Movement in India. He was heavily criticised by actors such as Akshay Kumar and Bipasha Basu after which he stepped down from the Directorship of Housefull 4.  Khan was eventually replaced by Farhad Samji, who co-directed Housefull 3, as director of Housefull 4.
On 15 October 2018, The Indian Film and Television Directors’ Association issued a showcause notice to Khan. “Your…actions have brought disrepute to Indian Film and Television Directors’ Association,” read the notice. It further noted that they expected an explanation from Khan “for such offensive behaviour within seven days of the receipt of the notice for further action as per the rules and regulations… In case of no reply, ex-parte decision would be taken.”
- Darna Zaroori Hai (2006)
- Heyy Babyy (2007)
- Housefull (2010)
- Housefull 2 (2012)
- Himmatwala (2013)
- Humshakals (2014)
- Jhooth Bole Kauwa Kaate (1998)
- Main Hoon Na (2004) played a cameo role in prom night song (Gori Gori)
- Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004) cameo as himself doing commentary
- Happy New Year (2014) played the role of director in the movie (Cameo)
- IANS (23 November 2015). “Farah Khan, Rishi Kapoor wishes for love, ‘filminess’ on Sajid Khan’s birthday”. The Indian Express. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- “Sajid Khan | Directors | Koimoi”. koimoi.com. 28 April 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- “Funny Man To Know”. The Telegraph. 3 January 2004. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- “The moment you get too big for your boots, people will give you a kick on your posterior”. Indiantelevision.com. 30 April 2004. Archived from the original on 14 December 2004. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- IndiaFM News Bureau (15 August 2007). “Live Chat: Sajid Khan on August 20 at 1500 hrs IST”. Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- “Laugh it off”. India Today. 6 October 1997. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- “Selling Sajid’s Style”. Mouthshut.com. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- Tyagi, Amit (9 October 2013). “Nach Baliye six returns with 11 new jodis …though with same host and anchors this November”. India Today. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- “Sajid Khan says Darna Zaroori Hai”. IndiaFM. Sify. 11 August 2005. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- “MeToo jolts India: Sajid Khan accused of sexual harassment by Actress Saloni Chopra & Rachel White”. www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- Chopra, Saloni (11 October 2018). “After all the years of silence, here’s #metoo”. Saloni Chopra. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- “‘He asked me to touch his genitals’: Sajid Khan accused by 3 of sexual assault, misconduct”. The News Minute. 12 October 2018. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- “Sajid Khan asked me to strip during audition: Actor Simran Suri reveals her MeToo story”. www.hindustantimes.com/. 14 October 2018. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- “Bipasha Basu shares Humshakals experience with Sajid Khan says, he cracked lewd jokes and was rude to girls | Bollywood news”. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- “Farah Khan, Farhan Akhtar condemn Sajid Khan; express solidarity with victims”. The Economic Times. 12 October 2018. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- “#MeToo Impact: Akshay Kumar cancels Housefull 4 shoot, Sajid Khan exposed”. Deccan Chronicle. 13 October 2018. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- “Sajid Khan replaced by Farhad Samji as Housefull 4 director after sexual harassment accusations”. Hindustan Times. 13 October 2018. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- “#MeToo Impact: Sajid Khan Asked To Explain His ‘Offensive Behaviour’ to Director’s Organisation or Face Action!”. in.style.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sajid Khan (director).|