Samira Koppikar Lyrics
Samira Koppikar is a singer, songwriter and music composer, who has been singing and creating music since 2010. In 2015, she made her debut as a Bollywood music composer with the song “Maati Ka Palang” for the film NH10. As a Bollywood playback singer she made a big bang entry into Bollywood playback singing in 2014 with two back to back songs Aaj Phir Tum Pe for the film Hate Story 2 which was number 7 in the top 10 Bollywood songs of 2014, and “Mohabbat Barsaa Dena tu” for the film Creature 3D. Co-sung with Arijit Singh, both the voice and the songs were an instant hit. Special non-film achievements: she performed at the Montreal Jazz Festival at a young age alongside the likes of Louiz Banks and Joe Alvarez.
Samira was Born into a Konkani Chitrapur Saraswat Family.
Samira started recording for advertising jingles. While she was in the process of forming another band, her talent was spotted by Indian Jazz Gurus Louis Banks and Joe Alvarez at a jamming session. They became her mentors and source of inspiration ever since. Besides performing with her mentors, Samira appeared with some of the best musicians at corporate shows and music festivals across India and abroad. The best among them are Montreal International Jazz Festival in 2010, Lavasa Music and Art Festival, and Taj Vivanta Mumbai and Pune. Arko Mukherjee heard Samira while she was performing one of her own compositions and offered her ‘Aaj Phir Tumpe Pyar Aaya hai”, her first playback song as a singer for the Bollywood film Hate Story 2 from 2014, has been a huge hit with around 12 million hits on Youtube. This was followed by another hit number ‘Mohabbat Barsa De’ for the film Creature 3D. Then Samira released her debut single ‘Bebasi’—a song and music video—as a singer songwriter in the Indie Space. Another composition and song ‘Maati Ka Palang’ by Samira has been featured as part of a film score and album for the 2015 Bollywood movie NH10. The film has been produced by Phantom Films, Eros International and Clean Slate Films and is directed by Navdeep Singh. The film features Anushka Sharma and Neil Bhoopalam in lead roles. Samira was greatly appreciated for her next Bollywood composition “Bairaagi” from Bareilly Ki Barfi which was also nominated for the Filmfare Awards & Mirchi Music Awards.
Apart from composing and singing for Bollywood films, Samira also maintains her strong presence in the independent space with songs released independently like Bebasi featuring musicians such as Kalyan Baruah, Gino Banks and Sheldon D’silva, Kaanch Ke (featuring Lipstick Under My Burkha fame Aahna Kumra) , etc to her credit.
As playback singer
|2014||Hate Story 2||Aaj Phir Tumpe||Arijit Singh/Arko Pravo Mukherjee|
|2014||Creature 3D||Mohabbat Barsa De||Arijit Singh & Arjun/ Tony Kakkar & ]|
|2015||NH10||Maati Ka Palang||Samira Koppikar/Samira Koppikar|
|2015||Jackpot||Kabhi Jo Badal Barse (Unplugged)||Arijit Singh/Sharib, Toshi|
|2016||Ishq Click||Abhi Ajnabee||Samira Koppikar/Satish-Ajay|
|2016||Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya (TV Series)||Ishq Se Tu||Rishabh Srivastava/Rishabh Srivastava|
|2016||Fuddu||Aankhen Meri||Sarosh Sami/Rana Majumdar|
|2017||Dobaara: See Your Evil||Ab Raat||Samira Koppikar|
|2017||Bareilly Ki Barfi||Bairaagi (Samira’s version)||Samira Koppikar|
As a Bollywood Music Director and Composer
|2015||NH10||Maati Ka Palang||Samira Koppikar||Samira Koppikar||Neeraj Rajawat|
|2017||Dobaara: See Your Evil||Ab Raat||Arijit Singh||Samira Koppikar||Puneet Sharma|
|2017||Dobaara: See Your Evil||Ab Raat (Samira’s version)||Samira Koppikar||Samira Koppikar||Puneet Sharma|
|2017||Bareilly Ki Barfi||Bairaagi||Arijit Singh, Samira Koppikar||Samira Koppikar||Puneet Sharma|
|2017||Bareilly Ki Barfi||Bairaagi (Samira’s version)||Samira Koppikar||Samira Koppikar||Puneet Sharma|
Indie music and collaborations
|2014||Bebasi||Indrajit Sharma, Prakash Sontakke, Kalyan Baruah, Gino Banks, Sheldon D’silva||Neeraj Rajawat|
|2019||Kaanch Ke||Krishna Pradhan, Tejas Vinchurkar, Rahul Sharma||Neeraj Rajawat|
Awards & Nominations
|Award ceremony||Category||Nominated Work||Result||Ref|
|63rd Filmfare Awards||Best Music Album||Bareilly Ki Barfi||Nominated|||
|10th Mirchi Music Awards||Female Vocalist of The Year||“Bairaagi” from Bareilly Ki Barfi||Nominated|||
- “Aaj Phir Tumpe Pyar Aaya Hai (‘Hate Story 2’) Number 7 on top ten Bollywood songs”. IBTimes.
- “The Jazz Singers – Indian Express”. archive.indianexpress.com.
- “‘Live shows is where action is’ – Sakal Times”. sakaaltimes.com.
- Team, RnM. “Composing music in Bollywood is a new territory for women: Samira Koppikar”. www.radioandmusic.com. Radio and Music. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- “Samira Koppikar lends her voice for Anushka Sharma in NH10”. The Indian Express. 27 February 2015.
- “ACTFAQs.com”. actfaqs.com.
- “Anushka Sharma’s open door policy for new musicians revealed” (Entertainment). Deccan Chronicle. 30 October 2018. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- “Films of India – Bollywood news – Upcoming movies – Hot Photos”. filmsofindia.com.
- “‘Bareilly Ki Barfi’s latest soulful song, ‘Bairaagi‘“. Femina. 23 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- “Nominations for the 63rd Jio Filmfare Awards 2018”. www.filmfare.com. Filmfare. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- Team, RnM. “Samira Koppikar: Technology is not to be relied on”. www.radioandmusic.com. Radio and Music. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- Team, RnM. “People are pleasantly surprised that I compose too as female music directors are very few, says Samira Koppikar as she releases new single ‘Kaanch Se‘“. www.radioandmusic.com. Radio and Music. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- “Bollywood Music Wrap-Up 2014: Chart Toppers & Trends”. India West.
- “Hindi Song Mohabbat Barsa De Song Sung By Arjun, Arijit Singh & Samira Koppikar Ft. Arjun & Surveen Chawla”. Times of India. 22 July 2018. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- “Music Review: NH10”. The Times of India.
- “Kabhi Jo Badal Barse – Unplugged: DJ Chetas Ft. Arijit Singh”. Youtube.
- “Ishq Click Music Review – Movie Talkies”. movietalkies.com.
- “Ishq Se Tu – Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya – Valentines Day Special”. OZEE Show | Zing.
- “Aankhen Meri – Fuddu”. Youtube.
- “Ab Raat – Dobaara: See Your Evil”. Youtube.
- “Bareilly Ki Barfi”. YouTube.
- “NH10 Full Songs Audio Jukebox Out!”. Koimoi.
- Raj, Jem. “Dobaara – See Your Evil Music Review”. www.bollyspice.com. BollySpice. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- “Dobaara: See Your Evil”. YouTube.
- “Dobaara: See Your Evil”. YouTube.
- “Bareilly Ki Barfi”. YouTube.
- Roy, Dhaval (7 January 2019). “‘Bollywood gave me a different playground to create music’: Samira Koppikar on balancing film and indie projects” (Entertainment). DNA. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- “Filmfare Awards 2018 Nominations | 63rd Filmfare Awards 2018”. filmfare.com. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
“MMA Mirchi Music Awards”. MMAMirchiMusicAwards. Retrieved 6 February 2018.