Sanah Moidutty Lyrics
Sanah Moidutty (born 1 July 1991) is an Indian singer songwriter. She sings Indian classical, pop music. She has been trained in Carnatic and Hindustani classical music as well as western vocals. In November 2017, she was awarded “Best Singing Sensation” for the year 2017 at the Asia Vision Movie Awards 2017 for the song Afeemi from Meri Pyaari Bindu.
Sanah was born in Mumbai in a Malayali family from Kerala. Sanah started singing at the age of 5 and since wanted to be a singer. Her talent was identified by her mother who encouraged her to learn music. She has been trained in Carnatic classical music for 6 years under Sundari Gopalakrishnan, Hindustani classical music for 7 years under Madhuvanti Pethe and Western vocals from Samantha Edwards. Sanah was also briefly trained under Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan sahab.
Her first stage show was at the age of 7. In a year’s time she started singing with the children’s troupe “Bacchon Ki Duniya” and few other groups. She did over 500 stage shows with the troupe or solo by the time she turned 18. She stood to be the 1st runner up in Hindustan Times Voice of Mumbai in 2007.
She graduated from a computer engineering course in 2013 from St Francis Institute of Technology,Mumbai. In 2011, she got her first break in Bollywood while still pursuing engineering. Sanah was noticed at a talent hunt in college after which she went on to sing for films. In 2012, Sanah decided to start her YouTube channel. She uploaded the first video of her rendition of the song Manmarziyan in 2013. It was recorded at the terrace of her residence and the song got a fair response. This was followed by O Rangrezz from Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. “Shankar –Ehsaan-Loy, who had composed the original, liked Sanah’s version. She also shared the link with AR Rahman who happened to listen to the song and like it. This led to the 3 songs Sanah sang for A R Rahman in the following year.” Sanah has rendered her voice in Hindi Films like Always Kabhi Kabhi, Gori Tere Pyaar Mein, The Attacks of 26/11, 24, Mohenjo Daro. Her popularity in the film industry & YouTube is on a rise ever since.
She has also sung for ad films like Cinthol and Eva deos. She actively releases music on her Youtube Channel in her name. The Malyalam Renditions released by Sanah have been very well received. She has done Live shows across the globe, solo as well as with Vishal Shekhar, Band SANAM, Keerthi Sagathia and Ash King. The multilingual singer can confidently sing in English, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Malyalam, Telugu, Bengali, Punjabi, Gujarati and Kannada.
In 2017, Sanah Moidutty performed at across the world including Almaty Kazakhstan at a two-day “Star of Asia” international festival that had the best, voices, sounds and rhythms from the Asian region.. She is currently learning Hindustani classical with Sunil Borgaonkar Ji.
|YEAR||SONG (s)||ALBUM||COMPOSER (s)||CO SINGERS|
|2011||Always Kabhi Kabhi– Title Track||Always Kabhi Kabhi (A Red Chillies Production )||Shree D and Ashish Rego||Bhavin Dhanak|
|2013||Moto Ghotalo||Gori Tere Pyaar Mein (Dharma Productions)||Vishal-Shekhar||Sukhwinder Singh|
|2013||Raghupati Raghav||Attacks of 26/11 (An Alumbra Entertainment Production)||Vishal R. Khosla||Chorus|
|2014||Duaa(Acoustic)||Sanam Rendition||Sanam Band||Sanam Puri|
|2014||Kora Kagaz Tha Ye Man Mera||Sanam Rendition||Sanam Band||Sanam Puri|
|2016||Mei Nigara (Tamil)||24 [A 2 D entertainment production||A R Rahman||Sid Sriram, Jonita Gandhi|
|2016||Manasuke (Telugu)||24 [A 2 D entertainment production||A R Rahman||Sid Sriram, Jonita Gandhi|
|2016||Tu Hai||Mohenjodaro [Produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Ashutosh Gowariker Productions Pvt. Ltd.]||A R Rahman||A R Rahman|
|2016||Sindhu Ma||Mohenjodaro [Produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Ashutosh Gowariker Productions Pvt. Ltd.]||A R Rahman||A R Rahman|
|2016||Mohenjo Mohenjo||Mohenjodaro [Produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Ashutosh Gowariker Productions Pvt. Ltd.]||A R Rahman||A R Rahman|
|2017||Afeemi||Meri Pyaari Bindu [Produced by Yash Raj Films ]||Sachin-Jigar||Jigar Saraiya|
|2017||Abhaal||Rangeela Rayabaa [Produced by Vijay Babu D ]||Pankajj Padagan & Nishaad Golambre||–|
|2013||Manmarziyan (Rendition)||Lootera||Amit Trivedi||–|
|2013||O Rangrez (Rendition) ||Bhag Milkha Bhaag||Shankar Ehsan Loy||–|
|2014||Zehnaseeb (Rendition)||Hasee toh Fasee||Vishal-Shekhar||–|
|2015||Tere Mere Milan Ki yeh Raina (Rendition)||Abhimaan||S D Burman||–|
|2015||Photograph (Rendition)||–||Ed Sheeran||–|
|2016||Nindiya (Rendition)||Sarabjit||Shashi Suman||–|
|2016||Dil hai ki maanta nahi (Rendition) ||Dil hai ki maanta nahi||Nadeem-Shravan||–|
|2016||Kehna Hi Kya (Rendition) ||Bombay||A R Rahman||–|
|2016||Isha Abhi Bhi||–||Clinton Cerejo||Clinton Cerejo|
|2016||Chandni Raatein (Rendition)||Dupatta||Firoz Nizami||–|
|2017||Ena Sona (Rendition)||OK Jaanu||A R Rahman|
|2017||Jia Jale (Rendition) ||Dil Se||A R Rahman||–|
|2017||Jaane Jaan Dhoondta (Rendition)||Jawaani Deewani||R D Burman||–|
|2017||Ponvene (Rendition) ||Thalavattam||Raghu Kumar & Rajamani||–|
|2017||Poomaname (Rendition) ||Nirakkootu||Shyam||–|
|2017||Jashn E Bahara (Rendition)||Jodha Akbar||A R Rahman||–|
|2018||Dil Diyan Gallan (Rendition)||Tiger Zinda Hai||Vishal-Shekhar||–|
|2018||Baahon Ke Darmiyan (Rendition)||Khamoshi||Jatin-Lalit||–|
|2018||Shyama Meghame (Rendition) ||Adhipan||Shyam||–|
|2019||Karutha Penne (Rendition)||Thenmavin Kombath||Berny-Ignatius||–|
|2019||Matvaare ||India’s Most Wanted||Amit Trivedi||Jubin Nautiyal|
Apart from Bollywood, Sanah releases her singles on her Independently owned YouTube Channel called “Sanah Moidutty”. They are usually covers & collaborations.
She has been featured in the following collaborations
- As a part of Jammin, a digital music collaboration, Sanah has done a collaboration called “Ishq Abhi Bhai” with bollywood composer Clinton Cerejo, and a collaboration called “Yaara” composed by A R Rahman and sung by Sanam Band, Shraddha Sharma, Siddharth Slathia, Jonita Gandhi, Arjun Kanungo, Maati Baani, Sanah Moidutty, and Raaga Trippin.
- Tu Hai with A.R. Rahman for MTV Unplugged Season 6 Episode 1 on 14 January 2017.
- All Women’s National Anthem by WIFT sung by five singers Alka Yagnik, Anusha mani, Shruti Pathak, Shweta Pandit and Sanah Moidutty in 2014.,
- An episode of the musical TV show Sound Trek with Achint Thakkar on Fox Life where they recreate a 70’s Bollywood song “KITNA PYAARA VAADA HAI”
- Achint Thakkar’s fresh twist to the classic “Piya Basanti” in 2015.
- “Saawan Ka Mahina” with Keerthi Sagathia & Karsan Sagathia in 2015.
- “Dua (Cover)” and “Kora Kagaz (Cover)” with Band SANAM in 2015.
- “Counting Stars (Cover)” for the Bombay Festival in 2016.
- “Hasi (Rendition)” with Arjun Kunongo from the film Hamaari Adhoori Kahani in 2016.
Singing Sensation of the Year 2017 Award for Afeemi from Meri Pyaar Bindu at the Asiavision Movie Award in Sharjah 
- Vijayakar, R.M. “Meri Pyaari Bindu’ Music Review: Clever Lyrics, Unusual Voices and Retro Tenors Make Melodious Tracks”. www.indiawest.com. India West. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- M, Athira (5 May 2017). “Sing on Sanah”. The Hindu. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- Ghosh, Ananya (6 September 2017). “Sanah Moidutty: The classically trained #coverstars” (HT Brunch). Hindustan Times. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- Pandian, Avinash (6 September 2017). “ANOTHER LIFE JOURNEY STARTED AFTER I MET AR RAHMAN“. BehindWoods.com. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- “Meeting AR Rahman was a dream: Sanah Moidutty” (Entertainment, Music). Deccan Chronicle. 16 July 2016. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- Madhavan, Anusree (13 July 2016). “Meet Sanah Moidutty, the Malayalee voice in Mohenjo Daro” (Specials). Matrabhumi. Mathrubhumi Printing and Publishing Company Limited. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- Team, RnM (5 December 2017). “I fell in love with music because of AR Rahman: Sanah Moidutty”. Radio & Music. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- “Yours sincerely, Sanah Moidutty”. Mad Garage. Mad Garage. 2 April 2017. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
- Ghosh, Ananya (3 September 2017). “Meet the social media sensations who are reinventing Bollywood classics #coverstars”. Hindustan Times. Retrieved 15 September 2017.
- Madhukalya, Anwesha. “10 Indian Origin Singers On YouTube Who’ll Make You Listen To Them On Loop”. www.huffingtonpost.in. Huffington Post. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- Soman, Deepa (28 October 2017). “I always felt a connect with old Malayalam songs: Sanah Moidutty” (Entertainment). Times of India. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- Features, Express (17 November 2014). “Drenched in the Monsoon Music Mania” (Chennai). New Indian Express. Express Publications (Madurai) Limited. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- Spindler, Wolfgang (28 August 2017). “Star of Asia Festival shines a light on regional music”. Euro News. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- “‘Mei Nigara‘“ (Friday Review). The Hindu. The Hindu. 6 May 2016. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- TNN, Times News Network (7 April 2016). “24 tracklist is here” (Entertainment). Times Of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Srinivasan, Karthik (29 July 2016). “‘Tu hai ‘“ (Friday Review). The Hindu. The Hindu. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- Somani, Deepa (28 October 2017). “I always felt a connect with old malayalam songs- Sanah Moidutty”. Times of India. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- Prakash, Asha (18 May 2018). “Sanah Moidutty makes magic again, with Shyamameghame”. Times of India. Retrieved 19 May 2018.
- “Sanah Moidutty recreates a Malayali classic”. Radio & Music. 17 May 2018. Retrieved 19 May 2018.
- Nair Anand, Shilpa (19 May 2018). “Music love”. The Hindu. Retrieved 19 May 2018.
- Team, RnM (5 June 2019). “Good song can carry itself irrespective of the movie plot: Sanah Moidutty”. Radio & Music. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- “Qyuki launches Jammin’, a musical collaboration with YouTube”. AFAQ’s. AFAQ’s News Bureau. 11 August 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- Nunes, Averil (21 March 2014). “Indian National Anthem in a New Avataar” (Lifestyle). DNA India. Diligent Media Corporation. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
Radhakrishnan, Manjusha (28 November 2017). “Deepika Padukone wins over Sharjah at Asiavision Movie Awards”. Retrieved 19 May 2018.